I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

6 de set. de 2007

BURRA / IDIOT


BURRA
(© Patrícia Evans)
.
Taí, ela nua, mas não crua.
Pura, não incauta.
A personagem, figura
que não consta da sua pauta,
não na de hoje, ou de ontem.
.
Taí a puta, a deusa falsa,
que espera que não contem
os segredos que não guarda.
.

IDIOT
(© Patrícia Evans)

Here she is - naked - but not raw.
Pure, not not reckless.
The character, figure
that is not in your agenda,
not in the today's, nor yesterday's.
.
Here she is - the whore, the fake goddess,
who truly hopes no one will tell
the secrets she doesn't keep..
.
.

Nenhum comentário: