I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

6 de fev. de 2009

NAUSEABUNDO / NAUSEOUS

NAUSEABUNDO
(© Patrícia Evans)
.
Me irrita o calor,
o ar refrigerado exagerado,
o laço de fita, me irrita,
o cabelo solto,
o pescoço,
as unhas,
a cicatriz e a ferida.
Pensar me irrita.
O quadro na parede,
o tapete!
O tapete que eu arrancaria do chão
não fosse ele não ser meu.
O pente, a escova, o espelho,
me irrita a tua presença
e a tua ausência me irrita.
Me irrita eu ser quem sou.
Aliás, incomoda-me ser
e tanto,
que me tiraria de mim,
a essência, existência
e ainda o que houvesse no meio
com mordidas raivosas, doentes,
para que garis me levassem,
se não me irritassem
os carros de lixo que odeio
e a boca que mantém meus dentes!
.
.
NAUSEOUS
(© Patricia Evans)

The heat pisses me off --
the exaggerated cooled air.
The ribbon pisses me off,
the loose hair,
neck,
nails,
the scar and the wound.
Thinking irritates me.
The picture on the wall,
the carpet!
The carpet that I would pluck from the ground
were it mine
The comb, brush, mirror,
your presence annoys me
and your absence upsets me.
It irritates me to be who I am.
Moreover, it bothers me just to be.
And so,
I would take away,
my essence, my existence,
and still what is in between, in the middle,
with sick, rabid bites,
so that the street sweepers could take me
If those garbage trucks that I hate
didn't annoy me so much as it does
the mouth that holds my teeth!
.
.
Thanks Danette Johnson for the English corrections.

4 comentários:

Ana Silvia Mineiro disse...

Pat, adoro seus poemas!

Patrícia Evans disse...

Uma honra vc me ler, uma honra vc comentar e mais ainda gostar, mestra!

Byra Dorneles disse...

Amei!

byra dorneles disse...

Delicia seus textos, amei!