I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

20 de abr. de 2009

A HARD THING TO DO


A HARD THING TO DO
(© Patrícia Evans)
.
.
Ask me and do it quickly.
I am in a hurry,
don't have much time
but I'd love you to know.
Ask me whatever you want
what is my favorite color
what I understand by happiness
or if I have a pet.
What time I wake up
what are my hobbies
who I love
who I don't
if I like to drive
to travel
where have I been all these years
and why do I think
the world is the infinite itself.
What movie I like most
what book
what have I done
and chosen
gained
and lost.
If I like ice cream
if I think I am pretty
or if you are.
Ask about my hopes
my plans
and if you are a part of them
what goes in my heart
or mind.
Ask me
everything you have always wanted to
but have never had the courage
I know it is hard
because we know
I will tell you nothing
but the truth
and I know you know
I am in a hurry,
and I don't have much time
this time
to change my truth

but do it anyway;
ask me and do it quickly.
.
.

Nenhum comentário: