I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

17 de out. de 2010

THE REST OF THE WARRIOR



THE REST OF THE WARRIOR
( © Patrícia Evans)
.
Today I don’t want sex, drugs or rock’n roll.
I want your friendly shoulder’s peace
And your comfortable hands.
Today I don’t want to think.
Think for me.
Today I don’t even want to breathe.
Insert your lung in me through my throat
And let it breathe for two.
I don’t want to take medicines to sleep.
I want you to sing me a song and to tell me a story.
I won’t pay attention but you’ll still be singing.
Today I don’t want to take my clothes off
And I don’t want to wear my pajamas
I want to keep my shoes, May I?
And when I sleep in your arms
Take me to bed and lay me down there
Cover me with the thick bedspread
‘cause today there’s no heat.
Say “sleep with the angels”,
Kiss my smooth and cold forehead
And please
Stop my emptiness
Calling me daughter.

.

.

Um comentário:

Sonja Paskin disse...

ele devia ter sido uma pessoa maravilhosa.........