I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

7 de nov. de 2007

DEAL


DEAL

(© Patrícia Evans)
.
Well, we have a deal;
we're going to be friends.
Not really close friends
but friends for when
we have nothing better to do.
Friends for the few empty moments.
Let's fake that
I know you,
you know me.
In case I need someone I can trust,
I'll pretend I'll think of you
but that you aren't home
or the telephone was busy
and that I couldn't get to talk with you
and you, you do the same the day you feel
like needing someone who cares.
.
So, we have a deal;
we're going to talk
about foolish things
-if we talk-
I'll ask something silly,
you'll answer something silly
and if one of us starts getting deeper
we won't even stop to listen
or try to understand
for it's not really important,
we don't care about what goes
deep inside the other;
to listen or to understand doesn't matter
when it's only a lie,
when nothing is real
and it's our deal.
.
This way, we'll never feel upset
and the subjects will always be trivial.
No problem.
No doubt.
No crisis.
But never peace or rest either,
never a shoulder, a lap or kindness,
never the feeling of being complete
or that we can see trhough the darkness.
Just a coffee brake.
Barely a second of trying to relax.
And as soon the coffee talking is finished
each one goes back to his life.
Nothing will have changed -
I still don't know you,
you don't know who I am -
I'll go my way,
you'll follow your path,
sadly we really won't care,
weirdly, nothing is what we're going to feel
and every never shared moment is going to die.
.
But none of us want to live something unreal,
so then, we have a deal,
and even it is a lie.
.
.

Um comentário:

Menina disse...

Muito, muito foda...