I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

21 de mar. de 2008

ÁGUA VIVA



ÁGUA VIVA



(© Patrícia Evans)

Deus me permita uma mão


que segure água sem que ela escorra,


que de firme e quente,


tendo ela evaporado ou fervido,


saiba tê-la por demais seduzido.



Deus terá à chuva permitido


ter memória e senso de direção,


voltando, se levada, pelos ventos que se vão.



Cansei de liquefazer-me


em palmas de outras mãos.
.





.

5 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

(silêncio)

Patrícia Evans disse...

MEU SILÊNCIO
( © Patrícia Evans)

O frio de cio que no fim se acabara,
me silencia
e, quando silencio
é frio de fria invernada.
(Gélido frio, que vem com geada.)

Meu silêncio, vigia!
ou hipotermia.

Anônimo disse...

Grata ÀGUA!!!!
Visualize:
www.cristinamotta.blogspot.com

Sonja Paskin disse...

muito MUITO bom.

Anônimo disse...

Hi - I am really glad to find this. great job!