I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

19 de jul. de 2009

MAS EU SEI / BUT I KNOW


MAS EU SEI

(Patrícia Evans)

Eles não admitiram,
mas eu sei o que eles viram.
Eu sei de todos os horrores,
sei das dúvidas e dos pavores,
e também de seus prazeres
dos orgasmos e dos êxtases,
que os levaram à porta infernal da loucura.
Uma antítese, diria, pérfida agonia cheia de candura.
Eu sei o que sentiram
suas essências, seus por dentro,
sei dos âmagos.
Sei das suas mãos tremendo,
da sensação na boca do estômago.
Eles estão calados
mas eu sei do que falaram;
flores, mares, perfumes,
bálsamos e iguarias.
Sorrisos, cores vibrantes,
corações pulsantes e euforias.
Do recém nascido e do aqui jaz.
Das grandes tempestades
e das grandes calmarias.
Todos os anjos do céu e toda santa paz!
Sei mais!
Sei da perda de sono,
esperanças varridas do outono.
Faces rubras e suadas mãos frias.
Camas desfeitas, corpos flamejantes
e abstrações descritas
em suas vãs filosofias.
E sei dos olhos que embaçaram,
da respiração ofegante,
das risadas sem motivo,
sei dos humores mutantes
mudando todo o sentido
do que fazia sentido
e do que nunca fez antes.
Sangue correndo quente nas veias,
as belas parecendo feias,
as feias parecendo belas,
as certezas e os quem diria,
a luz forte das candeias,
a luz fraca dos seus dias
o tempo comendo as velas,
aranhas tecendo teias
e eles caindo nelas..
Eles nunca confessaram
mas eu sei das razões que não contaram;
a pérfida candura dessa intensa agonia,
o fogo eterno que a alma toda esfria,
o que não se entende, o que não se explica,
o que não tem febre mas que não tem cura
e que a todos eles pela mão conduz e guia
àquela porta infernal e dura.
Uma antítese, eu diria,
a paz do amor e o inferno da loucura!



BUT I KNOW

(by Patrícia Evans)
.
They didn't admit it
but I know what they saw.
I know about every horror,
I know about doubts and fears
and also about their pleasures,
their orgasms and their ecstasies
that led them to the gates of infernal madness.
An antithesis, I'd say, cruel agony full of candor.
I know what they felt
their essences, their insides
I know them to the core.
I know about their hands shaking
and about the cold sensation in their stomachs.
They are silent
but I know what they talked about;
flowers, seas, perfumes,
balsams and table delicacies,
smiles, strong colors,
beating hearts and joy.
About the newly born and about the "here lies,"
about huge storms
and endless doldrums.
All the heaven's angels and all their holy peace!
I know more!
I know about the loss of sleep,
the hopes of autumn swept away.
Blushing faces and sweaty hands
messy beds, flaming bodies
and abstractions described
by their vain philosophy.
I know about foggy eyes
about panting breath,
about laughing for no reason,
floating humors
changing the meaning
of what made sense
and of what had never made sense before.
Blood running hot in the veins
beautiful women looking ugly,
ugly women looking beautiful,
certainties and "who would say,"
the strong light of hanging oil lamps
the weak light of their days,
time eating candles,
spiders weaving cobwebs
and they falling into them.
They never confessed
but I know why they never disclosed
the cruel candor of this intense agony,
the eternal fire that cools every soul,
what cannot be understood or explained,
what provokes no fever but has no cure
and what guides and what drives them all
to that harsh and infernal door.
An antithesis, I'd say,
the peace of love and the hell of insanity!


Patrícia Evans

59 views 12 likes

Comments


izzipoetry
A great write from a beautiful lady


hedges776
I suspect you will not understand the significance of these words ... I believe I understand how it is that you have come to 'know' what you 'know'. My hugs and kisses are those of compassion and caring for another Being ... please do not imagine them to be something they are not. You are a powerful writer ... I enjoy your writing and understand and appreciate the price you pay for it. Love 'n Stuff, RHEY ...


Alison
I have to admit it! I know ur work is brilliant! Thx so much for sharing it! -Ally-


triciaevans
THANK YOU! MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!


TerryG
This is also multi-layered. Wonderfull.


Johna_Saaz
'time eating candles,' i really liked this, so much goes on in the world.i loved this phrase!! it really made the poem for me even no so small!! well done great writing !!

.
.

Nenhum comentário: