I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

20 de jul. de 2009

FANTASMA / GHOST



FANTASMA
(© Patrícia Evans)

É fantasma
quem pela dor se perdeu,
o que não se sabe morto,
desfila sorriso crédulo
em boca que apodreceu?
O que exagera o gesto
o que partiu em fuga,
quem escorregou das alturas,
que sofreu silente, sangrou
comeu o sal das agruras
teve o sulco em glote, amou?
Que subiu trancos e barrancos
guardou luto sem ter funeral
acenou lenços longos, brancos,
que amputou ossos, arrastou correntes,
quem nunca fez bem, muito menos mal,
quem assombrou a mente,
o que se fez delinquente
que se viu amante, amado, animal?
Quem pela dor se perdeu,
o que não se sabe morto,
desfila sorriso crédulo
em boca que apodreceu,
ora, o fantasma sou eu!

GHOST
(© Patrícia Evans)

It's the ghost
That lost himself in the pain
Who doesn't see himself as being dead
Showing a gullible smile
In a rotted mouth?

That exaggerates the gestures
Who fled
Slid from highs
Suffered silently, bled,
Tasted the salt of bitterness,
Felt a knot in the throat, cried?

Who lived jolting this way and that
Kept deep mournings when there were no funerals
Beckoned with long white handkerchiefs,
Who amputated bones,dragged chains,
Who never did any good nor bad
Who haunted his mind,

Who made himself a delinquent,
Who saw himself as a lover, loved, an animal?

Is it that who lost himself for the pain
Who doesn't see himself as being dead
Showing a gullible smile
In a rotted mouth?

Well now! The gost is me!

Nenhum comentário: