I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

30 de nov. de 2009

I NEED TO BE HAPPY



I NEED TO BE HAPPY

(© Patrícia Evans)

I could ask him
to buy me a cup of coffee
every morning
so he could make his phone calls
or I could wait in the hall,
I wouldn't care...

I could wear the Goofy disguise
or some invisible cape.

I could tell to my friends
I am not in love,
I'm ok being alone,
I'm a really busy woman.

I could answer
we are good friends
to any suspicious question.
I could hold the wonderful feeling
there's no world outside our room
for longer than three days.

I could stay here with mom.
I could wait for him to come
once a year, maybe twice...

I could live the rest of my life,
one day or hundred years,
(we never know...)
with one tiny piece of his happiness
but I wouldn't survive one day
to the smallest pale shadow
of his unhappiness.

.

.

Nenhum comentário: