I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

16 de jan. de 2010

RETICÊNCIAS / ELLIPSIS

RETICÊNCIAS
(© Patrícia Evans)

Certeza duvidosa
que deixo pra você completar,
etcetera preguiçoso,
esconderijo do tédio,
o prolongado sibilar da sílaba,
som não quer morrer.
Ar que sai dos pulmões cabisbaixo,
saudoso,
auto piedoso,
amor não correspondido
ou total ausência do amar,
o que era mais sabido
mas se deixou ficar
dito
pelo não dito.


ELLIPSIS
(© Patrícia Evans)

The questionable certainty
I leave for you to complete,
lazy etcetera,
cache of boredom,
ping of the long syllable,
sound not wanting to die.
Air leaving the lungs crestfallen,
late,
self pious
unrequited
or, maybe, the total absence of love.
What was most known
but was left unsaid
as if we didn't care anymore
or just because we don't.

.
.

Nenhum comentário: