I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

25 de fev. de 2010

HEART'S SIDE


HEART'S SIDE

I went there as usual to see the news
and I read his poetry.
I could feel all the solitude he felt,
all the right emotions.
I could understand everything he meant,
all his right words.
I could almost touch him on his right arm
I could see his tears in his right eye
I could invade his right feelings
and his right petrifying,
but I could not shake him
or make him move
He will stay there forever
like he is right now.
He won't do anything
but what he thinks
is the right thing,
and although I was shouting
he couldn't listen to me, saying he is wrong!

Oh, Lord, he couldn't be less right...

He's not taking the right left side,

not taking the wrong right side!

.

.

Nenhum comentário: