I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

25 de fev. de 2010

WHEN I'M IN YOUR ARMS




WHEN I'M IN YOUR ARMS

I can fly, if I want,
and I can glide above the clouds
while the ants work.
I can dive deep
and be any fish
in any ocean
or I can be air
or ground
or fire.
Man or woman.
I can be a star
or an ivy
plant,
green grass
or weed.
Maybe a cat
even an alligator.
I can climb mountains
or slide down them,
sleep without a roof
under an open sky
or under the heavy blanket
of my comfortable bed.
I can cross frontiers, continents.
I can feel sad or content
tell jokes, smile,
close my eyes and cry,
live in joy
or like a celibate,
immaculate.
Dancer, writer,
queen, drifter.
student, teacher.
I can swallow it
or spit it out.
I can walk barefoot
or wear high heels
I can slash my wrists
and bleed until I die.
I can let them kill me
or even murder them all.
I can anything...
and anything at all.

.
.

Um comentário:

Eduardo B. Penteado disse...

Beautiful, gal!!!!!!!! :o)