I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

2 de mar. de 2010

WE PROMISE YOU


WE PROMISE YOU
(© Patrícia Evans)


I was feeling tired.
I was feeling impatient.
I was feeling angry.

It was a night, full of stars, I remember.
Full moon in the sky
a warm breeze coming from the beach
and instead of going home I followed the gentle wind.

Something, deep inside
was torturing me
like if I were being pressured
like if an unknown force were
avoiding me to be.

I wanted to shout, but I didn't.
I knew it wouldn't set me free.

The beach was calm,
I saw some friends
I said hi
Arruza was there
drinking his wine.

I didn't take a seat at his side.

It was around midnight
when I heard the strokes from the church bell
_Well, I know there is no church around._
so, I knew they were there.

I walked on the wet sand
and coming from the stars
I saw seven lights, my seven angels.

Michael and Christina came first
and then, Elemiah, Caliel, Anael, Nelchael, Cavakiah.

Michael always talks to me first.
"Hi", he said.
"We called you here, Pequena,
(that's how Michael gently calls me)
to announce you
from this day on
every unreal love will leave your way
every ilusion will die
every false word will not be said
every impure feeling will disapear
every disloyal intention will be known.
They will be silenced
eyes won't fake images
ears won't disguise lies
mind will not create fraudulent hopes
desire won't hide superficial feelings
lackness won't lock out conscious.

"We promise you" _ Anael said _
it will be
cold like steel
cruel like evil
silent like indifference
sad like death
painful like missed faith
dry like desert
lonely like dreams.
But, it will be also
blessed like heaven
glorious like sun
beautiful like moon
and definitive like peace of spirit
once you reach
you never lose."

I remember, I felt anxious.

Elemiah spoke sententiously
"From now on, you will see,
all of lying feelings will be over
all of empty souls persons will be gone.
You'll meet many but
only one will remains
only one will be truly with you
only one will be giving you the gift
you so badly have asked for.
You will become astonished
for clearly understanding
how God does His job.
And you will laugh..."

Nelchael blinked.
(I knew why)

Cristina smiled,
"Coincidence dear, is just another name
of the many He has."

All of them were already far
when Michael reached me and whispered
"You can ask him my name then, Pequena,
if you still think it is necessary. He knows it."

Arruza was still there when I walked back to the sidewalk.

I sat on his lap,
we drank a sweet wine
talked about futilities
and the day after
I felt sad and cried
for the first dead ilusion.

.

.

Nenhum comentário: