I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

25 de ago. de 2014

ADAMS E EVANS / ADAMS AND EVANS




ADAMS E EVANS
( © Patrícia Evans)

Numa planície branquela 
de neve, quimera e gelado, 
feito folha de papel A 4 virgem, incauta, nunca utilizada, 
abrem as asas ainda mais alvas, 
anjos caídos de lado — foram pegos na avalanche — imbecilmente atropelados. 

Um sacudiu as penas rindo 
do pouso trombado. 
Outro, do mesmo modo atrapalhado, enfiou a mão no gelo almofadado e buscou da aura um perdido pedaço. 

Depois de refeitos, vislumbraram a planície 
e decidiram ser perfeito 
o gelo — a neve que a cobria; 
chamaram Deus que desceu 
exilados filho e filha. 

Um puxou a tinta 
o outro o pincel 

Não há mais branco ou neve ou gelo 
só restam as quimeras na planície de papel. 



ADAMS AND EVANS
( © Patrícia Evans)


In a white plain of snow, ice and chimera, 
as a sheet of paper A4, virgin, reckless, never used, 
open their wings further albs, angels that fell aside 
- were caught in the avalanche - stupidly knocked down. 

One of them shook his feathers laughing of the rough landing. 
The other, just awkwardly, 
reached into cushioned ice and sought a lost piece of aura. 

After remade, they glimpsed the plain 
and decided the ice was perfect 
- the snow that covered it.

They called God who had sent down those now exiled, 
not angels anymore, made man and woman, His son and daughter. 

One asked for the ink,
the other, the brush.

No more white or snow or ice...
only remaining chimeras in plain papers.

Nenhum comentário: