I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

17 de mai. de 2009

ÓPIO


ÓPIO
(© Patrícia Evans)
.
Cadáveres lançados
em imenso mar de esgoto,
exalam putrefato gás,
deixando ar pesado, roto;
um mendigo, não pedinte,
mas aquele que implora
pela mentira que o ópio traz.
Ore, que o mentiroso se entrega...

Reza!

Amontoam-se perto da margem.
Alguns afundam no lodo,
alguns não se desfazem
_ múmias que cederão ao mofo,
enquanto suas almas gemem
no purgatório sacro-santo,
até que seus pecados queimem
ou que seus insuportáveis prantos
sejam ouvidos por nós.

Pós!

Não pisaremos pó podre
de leproso em agonia
_ aquele que nunca soube
(a lepra foi acreditar que podia).

Nunca pôde!

E agora quem esnoba quem?
Morto não tem saída ou escolha;
está pelo lodo à toa.
Ar! fuma seu desejado ópio,
que não há cadáver que vença.
Só os vivos provocam ódio
e o contrário do amor, pensa!
é esta minha indiferença.
.
.