I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

2 de mai. de 2012

I WILL TELL YOU.




I WILL TELL YOU.
( © Patrícia Evans)

You must be wondering 

Where I've been
If my dreams fulfilled reality
If my path led me where
Angels play while I sing.


You must be wondering,
Now that I have grown older,
If my wrinkles tell the story
Of all the joy that I experienced.


I've been in a place
Where the shadows are so heavy
We get used to seeing in the dark
And now my forehead
Shows concerned marks
Like scars that never fade.


I do not remember hearing
Anything but the deep silence,
my sidekick,
and reality then, was the only dream
I was allowed to dream.


Solitude is the welcome
hanging by the entrance door
And there's where I was,
My love,


Right where you left me.
















Nenhum comentário: