I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

23 de ago. de 2009

THE AWFUL METAPHOR



THE AWFUL METAPHOR
(© Patrícia Evans)


I shouldn't have read his letters again
Shouldn't have gone back there
seen the dry blood - so many ripped veins
or smelled the scent of rotten meat
I shouldn't have brought it back to mind
or filled my soul with these sordid memories
should have never allowed my heart to witness
such an indecent and cowardly attempt
to rape such an innocent smile
No fingerprint was left
The guilty one hid the proof,
cleaned the house - washed the clues
no punishment could be applied
The rapist is free somewhere outside
the smile is forever locked inside
Innocence should never be allowed to die
I should have never read his letters again
I should have never offered him a smile.
Fear should never be the only thing to remain.

.
.

Nenhum comentário: