I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

23 de ago. de 2009

SO KILL ME



SO KILL ME
(© Patrícia Evans)


I accept your slaps.

Your offences,
the wounds that you cause,
the sleep you don't allow me to sleep,
the little scratches
and the deep cuts, I accept.

I understand your reasons
and your wishes.

I understand that you hurt me
and that you do it very well.

I accept that you throw stones at me,
throw knives at me,
throw snakes at me.


All day, I accept your tests of me.
I accept that you will always be angry.

There's love in who thrusts, in me, a thorn
more than in that who brings me a dead rose.
.
.

Nenhum comentário: