I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

2 de ago. de 2009

WHO WOULD HAVE SAID




WHO WOULD HAVE SAID
(© Patrícia Evans)

Finally, I hate,
and who would have said I would?
Finally the posthumous lie rips my womb.
In between, inside my breast, I finally hate.
Grief, this combustible,
exploding any passion
turning love into this creeping dog
living in the hell of the poorest surrender
to the winter of miserliness
and who would have said that
from the higher extreme of love and affection
I would wind up hating.
.
106 views 4 likes
Comments
powerful words, I can feel these strong emotions reaching outward. We all have been there I think. Yes, I agree that we all walk a fine line between the opposite emotions evoked here. SOmetimes we fall into the crevace and get lost ... or lose ourselves. Sometimes we manage to move on and create a new life. Great write.
Tricia, this is a wonderful poem, thanks for sharing. A pleasure to read your poetry. Love and Hugs, Wildecat
Beutifull and brutally honest, ""combustable"" and ""exploding"" with ""passion, Triciaevans always delivers from the dearest and deepest love of love and hate of hate. Wonderfull.
The more I read your comments the more it scares me to know that someone who doesn't know me knows me so much. LOL. I mean, that it's amazing to realize someone who has never seen me before, talked to, met, can know me so well. Yes, I'm intense. I'm passionate. Maybe it's this aries-gemini thing.... lol. Thank you for READING ME and my poems.
I don't mean to scare. But you have written it all yourself. All I do is read. But now that you mention it, I do think that all readers come to a piece of poetry with only themselves reading it. One person may not see the same poem as another person. Sometimes the symbols and metaphors are lost. Also,there are books that I have read as a young guy and now that i am older I re-read the same books and they don't even seem like same the book I read years ago. The books haven't changed but I have. So, perhaps I am old enough to understand the messages that you write. However, as for me, I have made it a hobby to study the thoughts of people like Joseph Campell, Carl Jung, and Eric Fromm and other writers who deal with cultures and symbols; those symbols that appear in all nations mythologies. They are the symbols that make us all relate. I am no expert on anthorpology or any of it's related disciplines but I think I have a working knowlege. I an no witch doctor. Okay, I'll shut-up now. Terryg in Oklahoma
sorry to be so dense i just guess I appointed my self queen of dumb for the week or something a little tooooo sensitive and yet tooooo dense sorry sorry sorry sorry
to 'hate'... As poewhit says such a thin line between the two... Very powerful write! Well done!
Pretentious love does not have a strong foundation. It is waiting for the slimmest of excuse before it explodes. Both parties will suffer. Well done.

Weaversthread
do you hate really or are you simply angry or frustrated?
Love and hate have a very thin line
there is only one step from love to hate.
.
.

Nenhum comentário: