I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

30 de abr. de 2011

GRUDADA / STUCK




GRUDADA

( © Patrícia Evans)


.Amanheceu este gosto de morte na boca.
Já comeu morte? É acre.
Mas morte tem mais que sabor,
tem densidade, cheiro
- putrefacto -
Pesada, espessa,
feito cruz nos ombros que não se aguenta.
E eu a arrasto cansada pra casa.
(Não é resignação, pura falta de fé.)
A gente nem chora,
que ela não deixa,
não se descansa,
a morte não deita,
eu durmo em pé.


STUCK

( © Patrícia Evans)


It has awakened, this taste of death in my mouth.
Have you ever eaten death? It is bitter.
But death is more than just a flavor;
it has density, smell...
– rotten –
It is heavy, substantial.
Like a cross on the shoulders, one cannot bear it.
And, tired, I drag it home.
(This is not resignation, just a lack of faith.)
I do not even cry,
it does not allow me to,
it does not rest.
Death does not lie down.
I sleep, standing up.


.


Thanks to Danette Johnson for the English corrections.

4 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Eu tenho alguma sabedoria maravilhosa.

Anônimo disse...

Vous avez de bons points il, c'est pourquoi j'aime toujours verifier votre blog, Il semble que vous etes un expert dans ce domaine. maintenir le bon travail, Mon ami recommander votre site.

Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, je suis de l'Allemagne.

Mon blog:
credits personnels aussi Rachat de credit cliquez ici

Anônimo disse...

Oi foi a 1ª vez que li o teu blog e reflecti muito!Espectacular Trabalho!
Cumps

Anônimo disse...

hola, Chicos, post impresionante. Realmente disfruté la lectura de su blog.