I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

2 de abr. de 2008

HOMELESS



HOMELESS
(© Patrícia Evans)

I will tell him goodbye,
like the smoke from this cigarette
I am smoking says goodbye.

I will disappear
from his world,
his mind,
his heart,
his soul,
like this smoke
the wind blows away
slowly, gently,
drawing abstract figures
under the light of this pale moon
while they get lost in this night's fog.

I will leave,
I know I will,

and I will never come back,

because like this smoke,

I have no where to come back to.

.
Comments

Brumita
A good expression of the passing. Our existence is dissolving like the smoke.

afriza78
Every time there's cigars involved.. I'm in. ""I have nowhere to come back to..."" It's emphasize the kinda doubty: ""I know I will..."" The whole thing forms a nice portrayal of one's parting.

kantasatish@gmail.com
A good expression of the detached agony.

expression
Smoke can leave trails of smell.If the intention is not to be found then seek some other way or else some one close to heart will always find out our existence!great poem to read!

mystery
The wispy escape from love like the trail of wispy smoke. Silent and fragmented. Nicely done!

poewhit
Smoke is a nice way of pulling away from LOVE, if you can.


poewhit
Smoke & LOVE are both like having an addiction .


raven0108
very cool..like the symbolism in the smoke
.
.

3 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

And may the smoke never come back
It has been here so much long
If Amy has gone back to black
The first thing to go was her lungs
We want you off the beaten track
We want you to puff out your song.

Anônimo disse...

u smoked and the window was open
and it was cold
but i did not feel it

Patrícia Evans disse...

...and who would say you would rather freeze