I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

30 de abr. de 2008

POEMA ÚMIDO


POEMA ÚMIDO
(© Patrícia Evans)

Todo dia é ladainha,
todo dia é um dia a menos,
o terço, amanhece orvalhado.
Antes, pestanas secas,
antes _ serenos,
hoje, cílios marejados.

Todo dia eu marco o ponto
e nunca outro tempo santo,
que não chuva de finados.

Não te encontro.

Amanhece o templo, garoado,
lugar do teu amor sagrado,
que o tempo liquefaz.
Meus olhos serenados,
nunca mais.
.
.

6 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

HOME AND DRY
(poema-resposta de Luiz com Z para Patrícia Evans, 30/10/08, 14:40)


Perdoa a invasão,
Calar já não consigo.
Pois tenho a solução
De pão, toca e abrigo:
Te levar pela mão
Pra plantação de trigo.
O vento é impressionante.
Te seca num instante.

Adrianna Coelho disse...


Muito belas as imagens do seu poema.

Anônimo disse...

Прикольная статья, как долго ожидать поступление обновлённого материала и вообщем стоит ждать ?

Patrícia Evans disse...

Hi, anonimous russian! Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I'll try to update the blog more often. Maybe then you even think I deserve to know your name. :o)

"Language is a virus from outer space, I'd rather know your face than your name"

If I can't know your face, what about let me "feel" your name?

Anônimo disse...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Patrícia Evans disse...

Be welcome, Anonymous #2