I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

25 de abr. de 2008

RÓTULOS / LABELS AND NAMES


RÓTULOS
( © Patrícia Evans)
.
Eu chamei Miguel, meu anjo.
Amor, o que veio contigo,
Chamei, Elisa, minha gata vira-latas
e Deus, o colo confortável que preciso.
O nome que te dei foi alma gêmea.
Rótulos para cada coisa:
metas, para meus sonhos,
erros, para meus pecados,
saudade, para tua ausência,
medo, para teu deboche,
paixão, para indecência.
E agora na tua partida,
que nome dou ao que fica?

.

LABELS AND NAMES

( © Patricia Evans)

I called my angel _ Miguel
and I called what you brought me _ love
I called my nonthoroughbred cat _ Elisa
and the comfortable chest sometimes
I need to lean into _ God.
I called you my soulmate.
I have labels for everything:
I call dreams 'goals'
I call sins 'mistakes'
I call saudade your 'absence'
I call fear your 'sarcasm'
I call indecency 'passion'
...
And now that you are gone,
what should I call what's left?


Comments


kantasatish@gmail.com
Void? Music of aloneness?


Alison
Hey Tricia! Actually the title U've used [Labels & Names] is original, and I feel the best to use, but it's Ur work, U must decide... Poe's humour just tickled me as the very same thought came to my mind...


Alison
Brilliant piece! Ideally poewhit's suggestion [The Past] would be well suited, heh... somehow I don't think that label is going to be apt enough. Another great write!


poewhit
THE PAST

.
.

Nenhum comentário: