I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

24 de ago. de 2007

QUANDO EU CANSAR / WHEN I GET TIRED



QUANDO EU CANSAR
(© Patrícia Evans)
.
.
Quando ele cansar
como antes e sempre,
o atormentará
a minha imagem sorridente
surgindo em flashes nítidos
e em espaços tímidos -
contínua e repetidamente.
.
.
Quando ele cansar
(E ele vai cansar),
voltará co'a ladainha frequente
e tudo o mais que me tem seduzido.
.
.
Nos teremos carne, ossos, dentes
mas não como antes ou sempre;
seu sorriso não me fará fantoche,
o meu, será descaso e deboche.
.

WHEN I GET TIRED
(© Patrícia Evans)


When he gets tired
as before and always,
it will torment him
my smiling image
emerging on his mind
in sharp short spaces
over and over again.
.
.

When he gets tired
(And he will get tired)
he'll return with the same litany
and everything else he knows
that seduces me so well.
.
.

We will have each others meat, bones, teeth
but not like before, or ever;
His smile will not make me a puppet
mine will be disregard and mockery.
.
.

Nenhum comentário: