I KNOW IT'S NOT SO

About Patricia Evans' poetry

"Although I have spent time with Patrícia Evans on three separate occasions, I feel I know Patrícia Evans only through her poetry. She hides nothing, she surrenders everything. It is some of the most powerful poetry I have ever read. And I have read only English translations of her poems, so those who read her in her native Portuguese will experience her even more intimately. They should prepare themselves for imagery, anger, compassion, despair, humor, insight, knowledge of her self and the deepest love for those she loves, especially dad."

Robert E. Sheridan


Mr. Sheridan had been an editor for the New York Times for 32 years. He is also a poet, and a father.


Mr. Sheridan's blog:
http://www.coffeedrome.com/


PATRÍCIA EVANS

Twitter: @TiciaEvans - Email: TiciaEvans@gmail.com

27 de ago. de 2007

NÃO ME TÊM MAIS COMIDO / THEY HAVE EATEN ME NO MORE

.


NÃO ME TÊM MAIS COMIDO.

( © Patrícia Evans)


.

Morro de saudade lenta

e angustiada da ausência

da minha ausência.

Ando transbordando de fartura

de mim mesma _ de falta de inconsequência.

Não tenho me servido em pedaços,

não me tenho posto à mesa,

não mais se alimentam de meus braços

ou me limpam as tripas, nervos,

nem me tiram a bolsa de veneno

escondida entre os únicos cabelos

do meu corpo em frangalhos,

que são quase crespos.

Não se alimentam mais de minhas pernas,

sentinelas imbecis varando as noites _ eretas, fechadas,

nem me sugam os olhos, raspam minhas células mortas,

não me refogam no alho,

não me separam em postas,

ou secam o meu catarro.

A saudade dessa ausência decreta

paulatina e cruelmente meu fim

Ah, merda!

Estou cheia, estou farta

de presença de mim!
.

THEY HAVE EATEN ME NO MORE.

( © Patrícia Evans)I slowly die, agony missing the

absence of my absence.

I've been overflowing with the abundance of

Myself, a lack of inconsequence.

I haven't served Myself in pieces.

I do not have the table set,

They are no longer fed of my arms,

don't pick Me, clean – the intestines, nerves –

nor do they take off the bag of poison

hidden among the only hairs

on my body

that are almost curly.


They don't eat my legs, anymore.

Sentinels, piercing the night, jerking upright, closed.

Nor do they suck my eyes, get rid of my dead cells.

They don't fry Me with garlic,

do not cut Me into slices,

or dry my phlegm.

The nostalgia of this absence,

slowly and cruelly, decrees my end.

Oh, shit!

I'm sick, I'm tired and full of

the presence of Me.


.


.


Thanks to Danette Johnson for the English corrections. ;)

11 comentários:

Ana Silvia Mineiro disse...

Cá estou a comentar. Seus poemas, gritos de variados desejos.
Por lá, intermezzo. Represa.
Beijos.
Em breve, Estep.

Ana Silvia Mineiro disse...

Vi agora. Estou entendendo agora a comunidade blogueira.
Andas triste?

Ana Silvia Mineiro disse...

Estou reconstruindo, como tudo.
Os posts estão nos meus arquivos.

Renata Fern disse...

Quantas mil vezes me senti assim...
Farta de mim mesma.. insuportavelmente!

Patrícia, impressionante a intensidade dos teus versos!

Parabéns!!!
Renata Fern

Patrícia Evans disse...

Rê, acho que preciso de um retiro longe de im mesma....

Patrícia Evans disse...

Ana, amei vc na "Zé Pereira".

Franklin Cirino disse...

Olha, isso é poesia mesmo! Que estupendo! "Morro de saudade lenta e angustiada da ausência da minha ausência."

Patrícia Evans disse...

Obrigada, Franklin. Estive em seu blog e você escreve muito bem! Parabéns! :o)

Franklin Cirino disse...

Se você me permite, vou publicar esse poema em meu blog.
bj

Franklin Cirino disse...

Se você me permite, vou publicar esse poema e um outro("Chapéu") em meu blog.
bj

Patrícia Evans disse...

Olá, Franklin!
Mais que permitido. :o)
Obrigada.